Our efforts are continually inspired by everyday success stories of our children and your generous support. Bitone has established itself as a home for artistic dialogue, peace, unity and individual growth. Values of trustworthiness and sincerity, tolerance, empathy and interpersonal intelligence continue to grow in each child every day. Bitone uses a holistic approach to ensure that every child and youth reach their full potential through quality education and practical training in life skills. We aim at nurturing the next generation of creative, compassionate, innovative leaders and entrepreneurs in Uganda.
A Decade of Impact at a glance (2005-2017)
• Provided food, shelter, clothing, and basic medical care to over 100 children and 5 caregivers.
• Provided counseling and mentorship for over 100 young people through our various programs.
• Rehabilitated, empowered and reunited 15 young adults with their families.
• Supported 5 students in vocational training institutions.
• Provided tuition and scholastic needs for over 30 children in primary and secondary school levels.
• Graduated 5 university students in Human Resource Management, Community Psychology and Music.
• Supporting 3 students in Computer Engineering, and Telecommunication Engeneering at the university.
• Currently supporting 20 children and youth.
MUSICAL ARTS & COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT
• Established Bitone Troupe, which provides the children a space to develop leadership & performance skills.
• Recorded and released two audio music albums, highlighting Bitone children’s success stories and promise.
• Facilitated and engaged in several community awareness programs in Uganda.
• Organized and facilitated local and regional workshops and seminars on social change and developmental issues.
• Participated in international performances Spain (2008), Ethiopia (2009), Kenya & Tanzania (2013).
• Participated in an on-line music collaboration/exchange between Bitone-Beijing-San Franscisco World Music.
• Performanced at State House in Entebbe (2010), World Aids Day (2009, 2010, 2012).
• Bitone recieved an award for the best children-staged performance in Arts Festival (Ethiopia, 2009).
• Won a certificate and award of best children’s performance at children’s music and dance festival (2013).
• Provided coaching and self-management skills training for students with learning difficulties.
• Provided holiday career guidance education for all children.
• Won $25,000 2-year Rotary International World Community Service Matching Grant (2008-2009).
• Won $10,000 Projects for Peace grant towards the Bitone Community Empowerment Program in Uganda (2010).
• Participated in a cultural exchange partnership with Sunrise Rotary & Kampala East Rotary clubs (2008-2009).
• Won tuition scholarships from Growth Through Learning (GTL) for five Bitone girls (2013-2016).
• Raised $10,250 through Global Giving Foundation (2010-2012).
• Raised over $40,000 through One World Children Fund (2013-2017).
• Cultivated local and international partnerships with Kampala East Rotary Club, Sunrise Rotary Club (2008-2010).
• Partnered with Project Focus in empowering communities in the south-western Uganda (2008-2013).
• Partnered with One World Children’s Fund in serving disadvanteged young people (2013-current).
Our decade of impact has been supported by a number of local and international partners. Partner with us to promote peace and economic transformation. Join a team of change makers.